Which One to Choose– Wood Urns or Metal Urns?
When it comes to choose an urn on the basis of material, there are two popular choices in the market. One is wood urns and the other one is metal urns. As there are so many varieties of wooden urns and metal urns in the market, at times people even get confused as which one to choose. Well both these types of urns have their own specifications and people choose them for different reasons. But one thing is for sure that no matter what type of urn you choose to store the ashes of a departed soul, it will keep the memories of the deceased alive for years to come.
Urns made of wood are perfect for memorializing any unique personality.
Some points about wood urns:
- These cremation urns are available in the market in a wide variety of designs, shapes and sizes. To see a good collection of wood urns you can check www.memorials.com or www.urngarden.com.
- To make wooden urns, different types of woods are used. Some of the popular types of wood used for making such urns are oak, walnut, cherry or mahogany.
- Wood urns have a natural beauty due to the distinctive graining pattern of wood used for making these urns. Each of these urns are unique in a way.
- One can use a wooden urn for indoor display or for burial in the backyard, park or any graveyard. In fact for making biodegradable urns, wood is one of the popular materials.
- In most of the wooden urns, customization is possible. You can engrave the urns with the name of the deceased along with his birth and death date. In some urns, you can even include the photo of the deceased.
- Wood cremation urns are often made from hand, but at times some of them are first carved by machine and then hand finished.
Urns made of different types of metal are known to last for generations to come.
Some points about metal urns:
- Metal urns are considered to be the sturdiest of all other types of urns and can remain intact for centuries. Metal can easily withstand the harsh climatic conditions and nothing can damage its beauty.
- Metal urns are available in the market in a wide variety of styles and designs, and most of these urns are designed in traditional styles of ancient cultures, which make them classic. It is hard to compare the metallic and bright look of these urns with other types of urns. To have a good look at the different types of metal urns you can visit Memorials.com or Imperialevergreen.com.
- Due to its sturdy nature, metal urns are perfect for both indoor as well as outdoor use. When displayed indoor it will provide an aesthetically pleasing addition to the existing décor and when buried it will retain its integrity for a long period of time.
- Some of the popular metals used for making such urns are brass, zinc, pewter, steel, stainless steel and copper. These durable urns are also available in a wide variety of finishes.
- There are metal urns where customization and engraving can also be done.
When choosing an urn to preserve the ashes of a loved one whether it is an urn made of wood or metal it demand serious consideration. Right from your budget to how you want to use the urn to your personal preferences, there are many things that you need to bear in mind when buying an urn for a departed soul.